“Even though the visitors Beşiktaş had been subjected to home crowd violence repeatedly and ended up having their manager hospitalised with several stitches on his head, the Turkish Football Federation ruled that our Turkish Cup semi-final second leg against Fenerbahçe would continue at Kadiköy from the minute it was abandoned. As a club who adhere to fair-play and sportsmanship at all times, Beşiktaş JK have decided not to take part in the said Cup match, scheduled to be played without spectators on Thursday, 3 May 2018. We have taken this difficult decision to demonstrate our firm stand againts the crowd violence and the lack of stadium security wherever they may occur.”
Club Statement: Beşiktaş not playing...
- Hats off for the Turkish Wheelchair Basketball... 08.09.2019 17:48:00
- Gary Medel switches to Bologna FC 29.08.2019 12:30:00
- Manager Abdullah Avcı moves to Beşiktaş from Başakşehir 01.06.2019 17:00:00
- Isimat Mirin becomes father 25.04.2019 11:16:00
- Şenol Güneş top part ways with Beşiktaş! 28.02.2019 18:20:00